Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Dual Nationality and Loyalty


Writer is a political commentator, blogger and tweets @SaqibTanveer

Talk about the hot issue in the media nowadays; two pieces of legislation. One is contempt of court and the second is dual nationality issue. They are even hotter than the hotness in the weather these days. Forget the dismal economic condition and governance full of corruption and mismanagement.

Being a part of the same media, I also want to budge on the issue of dual nationality as this case is personal to me as well. Before, I start my dissection of the issue, I want to state here that I am currently a national of Pakistan and I do not have any citizenship of any other country on this planet. However, I was born in France and my family moved back to Pakistan after one and a half year of my birth. I never got the citizenship of France and never desired so. I believe that if you have it in yourself then there is no place better thanPakistan to spend your life. But recently, my father has started consulting a lawyer to get me the French citizenship, which I hope I will never get.

......read further on Saach.TV

0 comments: